SBY explains environmental issues to Harrison Ford
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has explained to Hollywood actor Harrison Ford Indonesia's commitment to preserving and rescuing its forests and oceans, and its efforts in tackling climate change impacts.
Ford, who is known for his role in the Indiana Jones movies, interviewed Yudhoyono at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta on Tuesday.
'Harrison Ford interviewed the President for a documentary, the theme of which is about how to guard and preserve the environment and protecting the world from the impacts of climate change,' Presidential spokesman Julian A.Pasha said on Tuesday as quoted by Antara news agency.
The interview lasted between 30 and 40 minutes, said Julian, who accompanied Yudhoyono during the interview.
According to Julian, Ford asked Yudhoyono about the Indonesian government's policy on environmental conservation and mitigating climate change.
'Several strategic issues and government policies in protecting and managing the environment were discussed, as Indonesia is considered a country that has made a great contribution to global environmental conservation,' Julian said.
He said that, overall, the interview was constructive, adding that Ford had told the President about his findings in the Tesso Nilo National Park in Riau.
'The President told Ford that the government was seeking to strengthen its commitment to enforcing the law against those found guilty of irresponsible practices.' (hrl/ebf)
You might also like :
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence