RI detains China vessel
The Jakarta Post
On guard: A Navy officer guards a Chinese fishing vessel after it was apprehended in the Malacca Strait, in Medan, North Sumatra, on Saturday.(Antara/Septianda Perdana)Indonesia’s tough stance against poaching has notched up another victory after the Navy detained a Chinese vessel, which was also on Interpol’s wanted list in Argentina, for illegal fishing, trade and slavery.
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing