Jabodetabek cities play catch-up in transportation
Fachrul Sidiq and Damar Harsanto
The Jakarta Post
With many Jakartans having moved to Bekasi, Depok, Bogor and Tangerang, the burden of traffic congestion is being equally shared across Greater Jakarta (Jabodetabek).
While Jakarta is improving its transportation, such as in the form of the mass rapid transit (MRT) and light rail transit (LRT) systems, to address the problem, the satellite cities are struggling to catch up with transportat...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death