Jabodetabek cities play catch-up in transportation
Fachrul Sidiq and Damar Harsanto
The Jakarta Post
With many Jakartans having moved to Bekasi, Depok, Bogor and Tangerang, the burden of traffic congestion is being equally shared across Greater Jakarta (Jabodetabek).
While Jakarta is improving its transportation, such as in the form of the mass rapid transit (MRT) and light rail transit (LRT) systems, to address the problem, the satellite cities are struggling to catch up with transportat...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Rahul Gandhi extends family grip on India's Congress party