Riding high-rise elevators a nightmare for some
Ivany Atina Arbi
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Mishap: A visitor observes the sealed off area where an elevator went into free-fall at Blok M Square in Jakarta. The incident injured 24 people.(Antara/Rivan Awal Lingga)For 23-year-old employee Faisal Ardi, riding the elevators in his 33-story office building on Jl. Jend. Sudirman in South Jakarta feels like a life-endangering activity, especially when they are packed and making worrying noises....
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats