Shares of firms controlled by Sandiaga, Hary Tanoe rise after election
The Jakarta Post
Shares of Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno's PT Adaro Energy and PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya as well as Hary Tanoesoedibjo's PT Media Nusantara Citra (MNC) were among the top gainers on Thursday morning.
Saratoga shares rose by 6.39 percent to Rp 3,830 (29 US cents), while Adaro’s price increased by 1.63 percent to Rp 1,865 per share. Meanwhile, MNC shares increased by 1.16 percent to Rp 1,740. Another company controlled by Hary Tanoe, PT Global Mediacom, recorded a 0.98 percent gain.
Thursday’s trading session at the Indonesia Stock Exchange comes a day after the Jakarta gubernatorial election, with quick counts indicating that Anies Rasyid Baswedan and Sandiaga beat the incumbents, Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purmana and Djarot Saiful Hidayat.
The winning pair of Anies-Sandiaga is backed by the Gerindra Party and Hary Tanoesoedibjo's United Indonesia Party (Perindo).
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) itself dropped 0.1 percent to 5,600.83 points in the first trading session, after trading between 5,600.14 and 5,619.36.
Trade was dominated by domestic investors, who conducted Rp 3.6 trillion in sell transactions and Rp 2.5 trillion in buy transactions. Meanwhile, there were Rp 2.9 trillion in buy transactions by foreign investors and Rp 1.8 trillion in sell transactions. (bbn)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students