Shares of firms controlled by Sandiaga, Hary Tanoe rise after election
The Jakarta Post
Shares of Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno's PT Adaro Energy and PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya as well as Hary Tanoesoedibjo's PT Media Nusantara Citra (MNC) were among the top gainers on Thursday morning.
Saratoga shares rose by 6.39 percent to Rp 3,830 (29 US cents), while Adaro’s price increased by 1.63 percent to Rp 1,865 per share. Meanwhile, MNC shares increased by 1.16 percent to Rp 1,740. Another company controlled by Hary Tanoe, PT Global Mediacom, recorded a 0.98 percent gain.
Thursday’s trading session at the Indonesia Stock Exchange comes a day after the Jakarta gubernatorial election, with quick counts indicating that Anies Rasyid Baswedan and Sandiaga beat the incumbents, Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purmana and Djarot Saiful Hidayat.
The winning pair of Anies-Sandiaga is backed by the Gerindra Party and Hary Tanoesoedibjo's United Indonesia Party (Perindo).
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) itself dropped 0.1 percent to 5,600.83 points in the first trading session, after trading between 5,600.14 and 5,619.36.
Trade was dominated by domestic investors, who conducted Rp 3.6 trillion in sell transactions and Rp 2.5 trillion in buy transactions. Meanwhile, there were Rp 2.9 trillion in buy transactions by foreign investors and Rp 1.8 trillion in sell transactions. (bbn)
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Pertamina committed to developing new and renewable energy
- Ken Pattern: A tribute to tree of life
- EDITORIAL: Guardians of morality