Green ‘sukuk’ an option for sustainability
Yodi Izharivan and Lathifa Hapsari
The government, through the Finance Ministry, recently offered retail sukuk (sharia-compliant debt paper) to the public to raise funds to help plug a gap in the state budget.
The issuance of government sukuk, which was started in 2008, not only allows the government to have more financing options to solve budgeting problems, but also gives an opportunity for Indonesian people to participate...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary