Green ‘sukuk’ an option for sustainability
Yodi Izharivan and Lathifa Hapsari
The government, through the Finance Ministry, recently offered retail sukuk (sharia-compliant debt paper) to the public to raise funds to help plug a gap in the state budget.
The issuance of government sukuk, which was started in 2008, not only allows the government to have more financing options to solve budgeting problems, but also gives an opportunity for Indonesian people to participate...
- Essential guide to remote travel in eastern Indonesia
- 100 'ojek' drivers gather at Central Jakarta apartment complex after alleged assault
- Big Bad Wolf 2018 to offer Mandarin books
- The skinny on McDonald’s Indonesia ‘nasi uduk’ set
- Woman dies at Soekarno-Hatta after arriving from Sydney
- Jakarta to open first two-pronged underpass to public
- Indonesians loyal despite Facebook data harvesting
- Indonesia calls for joint effort to tax Google, Facebook, Amazon
- Batik timeline to be showcased at 2018 Borobudur Masterpiece
- African nations are now more like Wakanda: Foreign Ministry