Green ‘sukuk’ an option for sustainability
Yodi Izharivan and Lathifa Hapsari
The government, through the Finance Ministry, recently offered retail sukuk (sharia-compliant debt paper) to the public to raise funds to help plug a gap in the state budget.
The issuance of government sukuk, which was started in 2008, not only allows the government to have more financing options to solve budgeting problems, but also gives an opportunity for Indonesian people to participate...
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- In Chile, pope seeks forgiveness for sex abuse scandals
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Tencent leads $51 million investment in Canadian startup Wattpad
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract