Green ‘sukuk’ an option for sustainability
Yodi Izharivan and Lathifa Hapsari
The government, through the Finance Ministry, recently offered retail sukuk (sharia-compliant debt paper) to the public to raise funds to help plug a gap in the state budget.
The issuance of government sukuk, which was started in 2008, not only allows the government to have more financing options to solve budgeting problems, but also gives an opportunity for Indonesian people to participate...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased