Green ‘sukuk’ an option for sustainability
Yodi Izharivan and Lathifa Hapsari
The government, through the Finance Ministry, recently offered retail sukuk (sharia-compliant debt paper) to the public to raise funds to help plug a gap in the state budget.
The issuance of government sukuk, which was started in 2008, not only allows the government to have more financing options to solve budgeting problems, but also gives an opportunity for Indonesian people to participate...
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open