Jakarta Brimob apologizes for abusing reporter
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police’s Mobile Brigade (Brimob) has apologized to the National News Agency (LKBN) Antara and its reporter Ricky Prayoga, a victim of alleged misconduct by several of its members.
Ricky said he was abused by the Brimob members while covering the Indonesia Open Super Series badminton tournament in the Jakarta Convention Center (JCC) on Sunday.
Ricky said he was dragged by force from a queue for an ATM and around the event location at about 3 p.m. on Sunday
“This case is shameful. On behalf of the Jakarta Police Mobile Brigade head, I beg pardon. We realize that our members made a mistake,” Jakarta Brimob deputy commander Adj. Sr. Comr Heru Novianto said at Wisma Antara in Central Jakarta on Monday.
Heru said one officer First Brig. Adam Nasution and four of his colleagues were under internal investigation.
He said if they were found guilty of abuse, they would receive disciplinary punishments. He said his members had acted excessively.
“They [Adam and Ricky] first looked at each other. Adam questioned why Ricky was looking at him and said it was forbidden. Adam is very young and he might have been in a bad mood,” Heru explained.
Meanwhile, Antara president director Meidyatama Suryodiningrat expressed his appreciation for the Jakarta Brimob’s quick response.
“I thank Jakarta Brimob for their sincere apology. Although there hasn’t yet been any conclusion to their internal investigation, we appreciate [Brimob’s] comprehensive investigation [into the case],” Meidyatama said. (dra)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos