KPK hands over dossier on Miryam to prosecutors
The Jakarta Post
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators handed over to prosecutors on Wednesday the dossier on former Hanura Party lawmaker Miryam S. Haryani, a perjury suspect who previously testified in the high-profile e-ID card case.
“After receiving the dossier, prosecutors have to prepare the indictment and other documents before they register the case with the court. They plan to register it in early July,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Thursday.
Febri said the handover of Miryam’s dossier affirmed that the KPK’s case against the lawmaker was proceeding.
“All evidence will be shown only at the trial, including that indicating both the suspect’s perjury and the intimidation she was allegedly subjected to by certain parties,” he said.
The evidence includes a record of the KPK’s investigation into Miryam.
According to case investigation documents, Miryam stated that she had distributed a portion of the Rp 5.9 trillion (US$ 398 million) project funds to several House lawmakers. During a hearing in the trial of graft defendants Irman and Sugiharto on March 23, Miryam testified that she had never distributed a portion of the funds to the lawmakers.
The KPK named Miryam a suspect on April 5 for allegedly giving a false testimony in the graft trial of the two former Home Ministry officials. She claimed that KPK investigators had intimidated her into making the statement. (kuk/ebf)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter