D.C. United celebrates milestone with stadium construction
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
D.C. United, Major League Soccer’s most decorated franchise, has celebrated another milestone with the unveiling of Audi Field, the club’s new state-of-the-art facility.
The expected opening will be in June next year.
The event, which took place at the Audi Field Preview Center, was hosted by D.C. United’s principals, general partner Erick Thohir and managing general partner Jason Levien.
Attendees included the Indonesian Ambassador to the United States Budi Bowoleksono, Mayor of Washington, D.C. Muriel Bowser, City Council members, the club’s corporate partners, other VIPs, players and club management.
Audi Field will be the new home for the club, located in the heart of southwest Washington, D.C.
This week, Thohir and Levien will visit the construction site to observe the super columns being erected.
The groundbreaking ceremony for Audi Field, a modern facility with a seating capacity of 20,000 people, was held on Feb. 27.
The facility will feature 31 luxury suites, bike valets and a structure that has 500,000 total square feet of mixed-use retail and residential space.
D.C. United is the most decorated US club, with 13 domestic and international trophies. (dic)
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity