Sidewalk defenders face threats, mockery
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
In Jakarta’s plight for decent sidewalks, pedestrians need to fight for their rights. Literally.
Members of Koalisi Pejalan Kaki (Pedestrian Coalition) have a weekly gathering in which they walk along Jakarta’s footpaths and experience all the good and the bad of the capital’s sidewalks.
Four members of the coalition decided to traverse the Central Jakarta area on Friday.
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value