Sidewalk defenders face threats, mockery
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
In Jakarta’s plight for decent sidewalks, pedestrians need to fight for their rights. Literally.
Members of Koalisi Pejalan Kaki (Pedestrian Coalition) have a weekly gathering in which they walk along Jakarta’s footpaths and experience all the good and the bad of the capital’s sidewalks.
Four members of the coalition decided to traverse the Central Jakarta area on Friday.
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park