Sidewalk defenders face threats, mockery
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
In Jakarta’s plight for decent sidewalks, pedestrians need to fight for their rights. Literally.
Members of Koalisi Pejalan Kaki (Pedestrian Coalition) have a weekly gathering in which they walk along Jakarta’s footpaths and experience all the good and the bad of the capital’s sidewalks.
Four members of the coalition decided to traverse the Central Jakarta area on Friday.
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Four cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move