Sidewalk defenders face threats, mockery
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
In Jakarta’s plight for decent sidewalks, pedestrians need to fight for their rights. Literally.
Members of Koalisi Pejalan Kaki (Pedestrian Coalition) have a weekly gathering in which they walk along Jakarta’s footpaths and experience all the good and the bad of the capital’s sidewalks.
Four members of the coalition decided to traverse the Central Jakarta area on Friday.
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday