Sidewalk defenders face threats, mockery
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
In Jakarta’s plight for decent sidewalks, pedestrians need to fight for their rights. Literally.
Members of Koalisi Pejalan Kaki (Pedestrian Coalition) have a weekly gathering in which they walk along Jakarta’s footpaths and experience all the good and the bad of the capital’s sidewalks.
Four members of the coalition decided to traverse the Central Jakarta area on Friday.
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes