Indonesia issues e-commerce road map
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has signed the long-awaited e-commerce road map that will provide guidelines for the country's digital economy sector, Communication and Information Minister Rudiantara said Wednesday.
He explained that the roadmap was expected to be issued at the end of this year and would not only regulate technology, but also cover issues such as logistics, cyber securities, taxation, human resources development and consumer protection.
"One of the issues in the road map also relates to the payment system by implementing the National Payment Gateway (NPG), which will be under the supervision of Bank Indonesia," Rudiantara said, after attending the coordination meeting on e-commerce at the Economic Coordinating Ministry office in Jakarta.
As part of the roadmap's initiatives, he added, the ministry was currently designing a measure to record online transaction information from the marketplace, in coordination with the Finance Ministry, Central Statistics Agency (BPS) and Bank Indonesia.
"We only need to talk to e-commerce players on how to extract the information, so we do not have to create a new system to handle the matter," Rudiantara told journalists.
The meeting, he added, also revolved around the issues of the digital economy such as cross border transactions, which would be one of the main focuses in the upcoming bilateral meeting between Indonesia and China. (rdi/ags)
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target