By the way… Language rules from overseas
Are you a patriot? Why do you feel you need to defend the uniqueness of Indonesia and the way of life of its people?
Any Indonesian who has lived overseas will have been asked these questions — sometimes explicitly, but more often subtly — by curious compatriots at home, who might wonder how one could possibly be devoted to a place so far away.
There are so many answers to thes...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Indonesian exchange student allegedly raped in Netherlands
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Man arrested for 'insulting' Batak people on social media
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy