Jakartans found guilty of chopping down trees
The Jakarta Post
It is a lesson the Jakarta administration wants all residents to learn: Do not chop down trees, even if they are sitting in front of your house.
The Central Jakarta District Court handed down guilty sentences to three men for illegally cutting down trees in Cipayung, East Jakarta.
Fatkur Rohman, 44, was sentenced to fines totaling Rp 25 million (US$1,871) for cutting down trees in fr...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Indonesian exchange student allegedly raped in Netherlands
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Man arrested for 'insulting' Batak people on social media
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy