Walkers, cyclists are not second-class citizens
Alifa Rachmadia Putri
A few weeks ago, a video of a fight between motorcyclists and pedestrians in Jakarta went viral. The Koalisi Pejalan Kaki (Pedestrian Coalition) held a peaceful protest on one of the busiest streets in Jakarta to reclaim pedestrian space in the metropolitan.
It claimed that, every day, 18 pedestrians are killed in Indonesia — a really high number given that Indonesians walk the least num...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money