Cops see red peril in Banyuwangi
Wahyoe Boediwardhana and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In a case reminiscent of the New Order era, four Banyuwangi residents involved in a protest movement against local mining activities have been charged with spreading communism.
The Banyuwangi Police in East Java have accused the four residents of inscribing the hammer and sickle logo, the symbol of communism, on banners displayed by local residents in opposition to the gold mining activiti...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India