Cops see red peril in Banyuwangi
Wahyoe Boediwardhana and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In a case reminiscent of the New Order era, four Banyuwangi residents involved in a protest movement against local mining activities have been charged with spreading communism.
The Banyuwangi Police in East Java have accused the four residents of inscribing the hammer and sickle logo, the symbol of communism, on banners displayed by local residents in opposition to the gold mining activiti...
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems