Cops see red peril in Banyuwangi
Wahyoe Boediwardhana and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
In a case reminiscent of the New Order era, four Banyuwangi residents involved in a protest movement against local mining activities have been charged with spreading communism.
The Banyuwangi Police in East Java have accused the four residents of inscribing the hammer and sickle logo, the symbol of communism, on banners displayed by local residents in opposition to the gold mining activiti...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt