DPR wants suspension of KPK
Kharishar Kahfi and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Politicians at the House of Representatives have escalated their fight against the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), with some working within an inquiry team set up to probe the commission’s performance, making a proposal for the anti-graft body to suspend its operation immediately.
In a statement that soon drew condemnation from antigraft activists, senior Indonesian Democratic Pa...
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world