KPK detains Kutai Kartanegara regent
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has detained Kutai Kartanegara Regent Rita Widyasari nearly two weeks after naming her a suspect in a bribery case.
Rita was being held at a KPK detention center in Jakarta on Friday, KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said. The agency moved to detain her after lengthy questioning by investigators on Friday. She had previously dodged a summons for questioning from the agency.
Besides arresting her, the antigraft agency also arrested the commissioner of PT Media Bangun Bersama Khairudin who had also been named a suspect in the same case. Khairudin and Rita are alleged to have received gratuities.
“They are both being held for an initial 20 days,” Febri said on Friday as reported by tempo.co.
Rita was named a suspect on Sept. 26 in a case related to a permit issuance for an oil palm plantation to PT Sawit Golden Prima in Kupang Baru village, Muara Kaman district in Kutai Kartanegara.
KPK has accused Rita of receiving Rp 6 billion (US$444,313) in bribes from PT Sawit’s president director Hery Susanto, who has also been named a suspect. (rin)
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam