Shinagawa high-tech bonfire transforming garbage to light
The Jakarta Post
Hot job: Hidenori Yokoyama (left) gives an explanation on the Shinagawa incineration plant in Tokyo.(JP/Musthofid)Jakarta and Tokyo are almost the same in terms of population density. However, while the former is left scratching its head over the garbage problem, the latter sees light as the end product of high-tech waste management.
Thousands of tons of trash are collected from household a...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world