Shinagawa high-tech bonfire transforming garbage to light
The Jakarta Post
Hot job: Hidenori Yokoyama (left) gives an explanation on the Shinagawa incineration plant in Tokyo.(JP/Musthofid)Jakarta and Tokyo are almost the same in terms of population density. However, while the former is left scratching its head over the garbage problem, the latter sees light as the end product of high-tech waste management.
Thousands of tons of trash are collected from household a...
- China challenged Australian warships in South China Sea-Australian media
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements