Shinagawa high-tech bonfire transforming garbage to light
The Jakarta Post
Hot job: Hidenori Yokoyama (left) gives an explanation on the Shinagawa incineration plant in Tokyo.(JP/Musthofid)Jakarta and Tokyo are almost the same in terms of population density. However, while the former is left scratching its head over the garbage problem, the latter sees light as the end product of high-tech waste management.
Thousands of tons of trash are collected from household a...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers