First shipment of Jakarta MRT cars to arrive in early 2018
The Jakarta Post
Rolling stock for the Jakarta MRT is due to arrive in Jakarta in late February or early March next year.
The set of railway vehicles, which consists of six cars produced by Nippon Sharyo Ltd., will be shipped from Japan to Jakarta.
“The delivery will be conducted in stages starting in late February or early March,” said Jakarta MRT president director William Sabandar on Tuesday, according to beritajakarta.id.
William said that the 96 railway cars the company had ordered were completed and made from high-quality stainless steel. The railway vehicles had a maximum capacity of 1,900 passengers, and would be tested on Dec. 18 in Japan, he said.
Earlier, the Jakarta MRT said that it expected to finish developing 90 percent of the MRT this year.
The primarily blue Jakarta MRT trains are to become fully operational in 2019. (cal)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?