First shipment of Jakarta MRT cars to arrive in early 2018
The Jakarta Post
Rolling stock for the Jakarta MRT is due to arrive in Jakarta in late February or early March next year.
The set of railway vehicles, which consists of six cars produced by Nippon Sharyo Ltd., will be shipped from Japan to Jakarta.
“The delivery will be conducted in stages starting in late February or early March,” said Jakarta MRT president director William Sabandar on Tuesday, according to beritajakarta.id.
William said that the 96 railway cars the company had ordered were completed and made from high-quality stainless steel. The railway vehicles had a maximum capacity of 1,900 passengers, and would be tested on Dec. 18 in Japan, he said.
Earlier, the Jakarta MRT said that it expected to finish developing 90 percent of the MRT this year.
The primarily blue Jakarta MRT trains are to become fully operational in 2019. (cal)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas