First shipment of Jakarta MRT cars to arrive in early 2018
The Jakarta Post
Rolling stock for the Jakarta MRT is due to arrive in Jakarta in late February or early March next year.
The set of railway vehicles, which consists of six cars produced by Nippon Sharyo Ltd., will be shipped from Japan to Jakarta.
“The delivery will be conducted in stages starting in late February or early March,” said Jakarta MRT president director William Sabandar on Tuesday, according to beritajakarta.id.
William said that the 96 railway cars the company had ordered were completed and made from high-quality stainless steel. The railway vehicles had a maximum capacity of 1,900 passengers, and would be tested on Dec. 18 in Japan, he said.
Earlier, the Jakarta MRT said that it expected to finish developing 90 percent of the MRT this year.
The primarily blue Jakarta MRT trains are to become fully operational in 2019. (cal)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards