Novel to undergo surgery in Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Top Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan is scheduled to undergo a surgery on his left eye, which was severely damaged in an acid attack in April, in Singapore on Wednesday.
"God willing, today, Novel Baswedan will undergo surgery to add membrane to his eye because of a lack of progress in the recovery of his left eye," Dahnil Anzar Simanjuntak, the chairman of the youth wing of Indonesia's second biggest Islamic organization Muhammadiyah, said in a statement on Wednesday morning.
Dahnil added that the procedure was scheduled at 6:30 p.m. local time.Read also: Novel case difficult to solve: Police
Wednesday's surgery will be one of the major procedures on Novel's left eye after he underwent surgery in August. The surgery, originally scheduled in October, was postponed due to the slow recovery of Novel, who had been placed in the intensive care unit.
Acid was splashed onto Novel's face by two people riding on a motorbike in the early hours of April 11 in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta.
Although suspects have yet to be named, the Jakarta Police recently issued sketches of the two alleged perpetrators.
At the time of the attack, Novel was leading a major investigation into the e-ID case, which has implicated dozens of high-ranking politicians. (dmr)
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May