Hanura reaffirms support for Jokowi’s re-election
The Jakarta Post
The Hanura Party has reaffirmed its support for the re-election of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo in the 2019 presidential election.
“We are supporting Jokowi in the upcoming election,” Hanura Party chairman Oesman Sapta Odang said during the party’s 11th anniversary celebration in Semarang, Central Java, on Saturday.
The event was attended by President Jokowi, who praised Hanura for fighting for the people’s interests.
“Hanura always fights for the people. I invite all Hanura members to make Hanura a modern and professional party that the people love. I expect Hanura to develop politics that are free from lies and deceit,” the President said.
Jokowi also reminded Hanura to be prepared for the upcoming regional elections, which are set to be held in June next year.
“Political parties must be solid and cohesive, leaders of Hanura must set an example for the people,” he said.
In his speech, Jokowi also called on the party to safeguard the state ideology of Pancasila.
“Fake news is everywhere. Indonesia is always being tested, but it has passed the test. Pancasila is also being tested, but it has always passed the test. Our diversity is always on test, but it always passes that test,” Jokowi said. (ami/ahw)
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018