Berkarya meets central level verification requirements: KPU
The Jakarta Post
The General Elections Commission (KPU) has determined that political newcomer the Berkarya Party has met factual verification requirements at its central level, paving the way for an assessment of the party's branches at the regional level across the country.
Previously, Berkarya, founded by former president Soeharto’s youngest son Hutomo “Tommy” Mandala Putra, had failed to meet the requirements because the party treasurer at the central executive board, Raden Mas Hendryanto, was not able to attend the factual verification on Monday due to illness.
“After the KPU met with [Hendryanto] at the hospital, we determined that Berkarya had fulfilled the requirements [for verification at the central level]," KPU member Hasyim Asy’ari said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
Berkarya secretary-general Badaruddin Andi Picunang said the KPU and the Elections Supervisory Agency (Bawaslu) met with Hendryanto at the Abdi Waluyo Hospital in Menteng, Central Jakarta, on Wednesday to complete the verification process.
The KPU assessed three things in the central level verification: the existence of core management at the central executive board, female representation within the party and the party’s office building.
It was a part of a factual verification process that is required for parties looking to contest in the 2019 legislative elections. (kmt/ipa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says