19 years after Reform, politics still a family affair
Ganug Nugroho Adi and Andi Hajramurni
The Jakarta Post
Despite coming on the heels of the 20th anniversary of the end of the New Order, a regime mired in political and economic nepotism, the upcoming concurrent regional elections in June remain plagued by dynastic politics.
Six out of the 17 provinces holding gubernatorial elections have candidate pairs with family ties to the incumbent governors or their deputies.
In many cases, the can...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- EDITORIAL: Integrity first
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe