In presidential election, the more the merrier, watchdog says
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
With the Constitutional Court (MK) ruling to uphold a threshold requirement for political parties seeking to nominate presidential candidates, Indonesian voters will again see fewer options in the 2019 elections.
While government officials say the ruling is good for democracy, critics argue that limiting the number of candidates to no more than four pairs would actually be a blow to democra...
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters