In presidential election, the more the merrier, watchdog says
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
With the Constitutional Court (MK) ruling to uphold a threshold requirement for political parties seeking to nominate presidential candidates, Indonesian voters will again see fewer options in the 2019 elections.
While government officials say the ruling is good for democracy, critics argue that limiting the number of candidates to no more than four pairs would actually be a blow to democra...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- EDITORIAL: Integrity first
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe