In presidential election, the more the merrier, watchdog says
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
With the Constitutional Court (MK) ruling to uphold a threshold requirement for political parties seeking to nominate presidential candidates, Indonesian voters will again see fewer options in the 2019 elections.
While government officials say the ruling is good for democracy, critics argue that limiting the number of candidates to no more than four pairs would actually be a blow to democra...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens