Garuda launches insurance for frequent fliers
The Jakarta Post
In an effort to increase revenue from auxiliary products, Garuda Indonesia has launched an insurance service for members of GarudaMiles, its frequent flier program.
Developed in partnership with advisory firm Willis Tower Watson and insurance company PT Chubb General Insurance Indonesia, Garuda Lifestyle Protection provides coverage for wallet, handbag and document theft, as well as theft of electronic devices from cars and misuse of cell phone minutes.
The GarudaMiles program also gives members access to services like priority check-in, access to the Garuda lounge and an additional baggage allowance of 15 kilograms.
“Garuda Lifestyle Protection is a reliable insurance solution that accommodates protection needs for the modern-day mobile lifestyle of the Garuda Indonesia customer,” Chubb Indonesia president director Tai-Kuan Ly said.
Garuda president director Pahala Mansury said the launch of the insurance was in line with the airline’s vision to provide additional services to its customers.
“Our new vision at Garuda Indonesia is to grow beyond our core [customer base], and that means we have to provide more than just aviation services to our customers,” Pahala said.
Garuda Indonesia spokesman Ikhsan Rosan told The Jakarta Post that the airline was aiming to earn US$54 million in ancillary revenue in 2018, up from $44 million last year. “We are pursuing partnerships with banks, e-commerce companies and other insurance companies to achieve this goal,” he said. (kmt/bbn)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested