Leaking gas pipe in East Jakarta caused by miscommunication: Contractor
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
An official from state-owned construction firm PT Adhi Karya said a leaking gas pipe in East Jakarta was caused by miscommunication between the contractor and fieldwork operators of the light rail transit (LRT) project.
The firm’s president director Budi Harto said Adhi Karya, which is the contractor of the LRT project, had informed the operators in the field not to dig on Monday.
“We wanted to first confirm the location [of the pipes] based on the data we have. However, the operators continued working even though we had told them not to,” Budi said Tuesday.
The gas pipe, which belongs to state gas firm Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN), began leaking on Monday night after it was struck by a drilling machine used on Jl. MT Haryono for the Cawang-Dukuh Atas LRT project.
The accident caused the road to be closed for several hours and disrupted gas distribution to customers in a Bidara Cina low-cost apartment in East Jakarta and a Kalibata apartment in South Jakarta.
Budi added that the operators would be sanctioned but refused to give details on the punishment.
“They are still in shock and we plan to question them tomorrow. We have also taken the keys for the machine off them,” Budi said.
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use