Leaking gas pipe in East Jakarta caused by miscommunication: Contractor
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
An official from state-owned construction firm PT Adhi Karya said a leaking gas pipe in East Jakarta was caused by miscommunication between the contractor and fieldwork operators of the light rail transit (LRT) project.
The firm’s president director Budi Harto said Adhi Karya, which is the contractor of the LRT project, had informed the operators in the field not to dig on Monday.
“We wanted to first confirm the location [of the pipes] based on the data we have. However, the operators continued working even though we had told them not to,” Budi said Tuesday.
The gas pipe, which belongs to state gas firm Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN), began leaking on Monday night after it was struck by a drilling machine used on Jl. MT Haryono for the Cawang-Dukuh Atas LRT project.
The accident caused the road to be closed for several hours and disrupted gas distribution to customers in a Bidara Cina low-cost apartment in East Jakarta and a Kalibata apartment in South Jakarta.
Budi added that the operators would be sanctioned but refused to give details on the punishment.
“They are still in shock and we plan to question them tomorrow. We have also taken the keys for the machine off them,” Budi said.
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world