PLN director to file lawsuit over leaked conversation
The Jakarta Post
President director of state utility company PLN Sofyan Basir said he would take legal action in response to a leaked recording of a conversation between State-Owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno and himself.
“We will take legal action. If the recording was uploaded as it is, it would be no problem. But the viral post was an edited recording,” Sofyan Basir told the press in Karanganyar Central Java, on Saturday.
Sofyan said the leaked conversation took place in 2016. “It was a real conversation between me and Bu Rini. PLN always consults with the minister,” he said as quoted by tempo.co.
Sofyan said he knew the conversation was recorded but he did not know who recorded it or who uploaded it to the internet.
Sofyan said PLN often cooperated with private enterprises especially when the cooperation spanned from 10 to 30 years.
The conversation about shareholding was about a foreign company that will join a national private company on a project.
“They are offering 7.5 percent of the holding. We want 30 percent for Pertamina and PLN. However the project has still not yet been realized,” said Sofyan. (gis)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police