PLN director to file lawsuit over leaked conversation
The Jakarta Post
President director of state utility company PLN Sofyan Basir said he would take legal action in response to a leaked recording of a conversation between State-Owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno and himself.
“We will take legal action. If the recording was uploaded as it is, it would be no problem. But the viral post was an edited recording,” Sofyan Basir told the press in Karanganyar Central Java, on Saturday.
Sofyan said the leaked conversation took place in 2016. “It was a real conversation between me and Bu Rini. PLN always consults with the minister,” he said as quoted by tempo.co.
Sofyan said he knew the conversation was recorded but he did not know who recorded it or who uploaded it to the internet.
Sofyan said PLN often cooperated with private enterprises especially when the cooperation spanned from 10 to 30 years.
The conversation about shareholding was about a foreign company that will join a national private company on a project.
“They are offering 7.5 percent of the holding. We want 30 percent for Pertamina and PLN. However the project has still not yet been realized,” said Sofyan. (gis)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high