Man arrested for carrying knife in Jakarta Police's mosque
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified man was arrested on Tuesday evening for carrying a knife at the Jakarta Police’s vehicle registration center (Satpas) in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta.
The man was caught in the Satpas’ mosque.
"When an officer called out to him, the suspect threw something outside [of the Satpas area]," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The officer later followed the direction at which the suspect had gestured and discovered a knife.
The suspect was then taken to the Jakarta Police’s General Crime Directorate and the knife confiscated as evidence.
He is still undergoing questioning, Argo added. (fac)
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Macron in Russia for high
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study