Man arrested for carrying knife in Jakarta Police's mosque
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified man was arrested on Tuesday evening for carrying a knife at the Jakarta Police’s vehicle registration center (Satpas) in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta.
The man was caught in the Satpas’ mosque.
"When an officer called out to him, the suspect threw something outside [of the Satpas area]," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The officer later followed the direction at which the suspect had gestured and discovered a knife.
The suspect was then taken to the Jakarta Police’s General Crime Directorate and the knife confiscated as evidence.
He is still undergoing questioning, Argo added. (fac)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform