Man arrested for carrying knife in Jakarta Police's mosque
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified man was arrested on Tuesday evening for carrying a knife at the Jakarta Police’s vehicle registration center (Satpas) in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta.
The man was caught in the Satpas’ mosque.
"When an officer called out to him, the suspect threw something outside [of the Satpas area]," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The officer later followed the direction at which the suspect had gestured and discovered a knife.
The suspect was then taken to the Jakarta Police’s General Crime Directorate and the knife confiscated as evidence.
He is still undergoing questioning, Argo added. (fac)
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade