Man arrested for carrying knife in Jakarta Police's mosque
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified man was arrested on Tuesday evening for carrying a knife at the Jakarta Police’s vehicle registration center (Satpas) in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta.
The man was caught in the Satpas’ mosque.
"When an officer called out to him, the suspect threw something outside [of the Satpas area]," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The officer later followed the direction at which the suspect had gestured and discovered a knife.
The suspect was then taken to the Jakarta Police’s General Crime Directorate and the knife confiscated as evidence.
He is still undergoing questioning, Argo added. (fac)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements