Myanmar begins to reach out to ASEAN over Rakhine
Dian Septiari and Tama Salim
The Jakarta Post
Myanmar has asked its ASEAN partners to help prepare adequate infrastructure for the eventual repatriation of Rohingya refugees who have fled from violence, marking what an Indonesian official calls a breakthrough for a country that has strongly refused to involve others in the crisis.
The Buddhist-majority country has been at the center of international scrutiny since a military crackdown ...
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims