Six more LRT cars to arrive on Saturday
The Jakarta Post
Six cars for the light rail transit (LRT) project are expected to arrive in Tanjung Priok Port, North Jakarta, on Saturday afternoon.
President director of city-owned construction company PT Jakarta Propertindo, Satya Heragandhi, said the ship carrying the train cars from South Korea had been located in Jakarta Bay waters. “It will probably dock this afternoon,” Satya said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
However, the trains will only be able to be unloaded in the evening. The trains will later be transported to Mal Kelapa Gading LRT station.
“Since the Idul Fitri holiday is coming, the trains will not be transported to the station until June 22,” Satya said.
Previously, two LRT cars arrived in April.
“We bought a total 16 cars. The remaining 8 will be sent in July and August,” said Satya.
The 16 LRT cars will serve the 5.8-kilometer LRT line connecting Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, to Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta.
The construction project for the first LRT line is set to be finished in August ahead of the quadrennial sporting event, the Asian Games. The Games will be held from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2 in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra.(iwa)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal