Six more LRT cars to arrive on Saturday
The Jakarta Post
Six cars for the light rail transit (LRT) project are expected to arrive in Tanjung Priok Port, North Jakarta, on Saturday afternoon.
President director of city-owned construction company PT Jakarta Propertindo, Satya Heragandhi, said the ship carrying the train cars from South Korea had been located in Jakarta Bay waters. “It will probably dock this afternoon,” Satya said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
However, the trains will only be able to be unloaded in the evening. The trains will later be transported to Mal Kelapa Gading LRT station.
“Since the Idul Fitri holiday is coming, the trains will not be transported to the station until June 22,” Satya said.
Previously, two LRT cars arrived in April.
“We bought a total 16 cars. The remaining 8 will be sent in July and August,” said Satya.
The 16 LRT cars will serve the 5.8-kilometer LRT line connecting Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, to Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta.
The construction project for the first LRT line is set to be finished in August ahead of the quadrennial sporting event, the Asian Games. The Games will be held from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2 in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra.(iwa)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat