Six more LRT cars to arrive on Saturday
The Jakarta Post
Six cars for the light rail transit (LRT) project are expected to arrive in Tanjung Priok Port, North Jakarta, on Saturday afternoon.
President director of city-owned construction company PT Jakarta Propertindo, Satya Heragandhi, said the ship carrying the train cars from South Korea had been located in Jakarta Bay waters. “It will probably dock this afternoon,” Satya said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
However, the trains will only be able to be unloaded in the evening. The trains will later be transported to Mal Kelapa Gading LRT station.
“Since the Idul Fitri holiday is coming, the trains will not be transported to the station until June 22,” Satya said.
Previously, two LRT cars arrived in April.
“We bought a total 16 cars. The remaining 8 will be sent in July and August,” said Satya.
The 16 LRT cars will serve the 5.8-kilometer LRT line connecting Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, to Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta.
The construction project for the first LRT line is set to be finished in August ahead of the quadrennial sporting event, the Asian Games. The Games will be held from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2 in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra.(iwa)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow