Electricity pole blast sparks fire in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out on Jl. Panglima Polim Raya in Melawai, Kebayoran Baru in South Jakarta on Sunday, reportedly caused by an explosion at a high-voltage electricity pole. The fire spread to two other nearby poles.
No casualties have been reported from the incident, which occurred at 8 a.m.
“We deployed a medium pressure unit and water mist to extinguish the flames, along with 12 officers. We communicated with [state-owned electricity firm] PLN Disjaya – a PLN branch in Greater Jakarta – to temporarily cut off the electricity supply to the area,” Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Subejo said on Sunday.
He added that it took nearly an hour for the officers to put out the fire. The case has been handled by the Kebayoran Baru Police and PLN. (wit)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?