Electricity pole blast sparks fire in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out on Jl. Panglima Polim Raya in Melawai, Kebayoran Baru in South Jakarta on Sunday, reportedly caused by an explosion at a high-voltage electricity pole. The fire spread to two other nearby poles.
No casualties have been reported from the incident, which occurred at 8 a.m.
“We deployed a medium pressure unit and water mist to extinguish the flames, along with 12 officers. We communicated with [state-owned electricity firm] PLN Disjaya – a PLN branch in Greater Jakarta – to temporarily cut off the electricity supply to the area,” Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Subejo said on Sunday.
He added that it took nearly an hour for the officers to put out the fire. The case has been handled by the Kebayoran Baru Police and PLN. (wit)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse