Electricity pole blast sparks fire in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire broke out on Jl. Panglima Polim Raya in Melawai, Kebayoran Baru in South Jakarta on Sunday, reportedly caused by an explosion at a high-voltage electricity pole. The fire spread to two other nearby poles.
No casualties have been reported from the incident, which occurred at 8 a.m.
“We deployed a medium pressure unit and water mist to extinguish the flames, along with 12 officers. We communicated with [state-owned electricity firm] PLN Disjaya – a PLN branch in Greater Jakarta – to temporarily cut off the electricity supply to the area,” Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Subejo said on Sunday.
He added that it took nearly an hour for the officers to put out the fire. The case has been handled by the Kebayoran Baru Police and PLN. (wit)
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games