GBK stadium, jogging track closed to public ahead of Asiad
The Jakarta Post
Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) Sports Complex’s main stadium and jogging track in Senayan, Central Jakarta, has been closed to the public since Tuesday amid ongoing construction in the area.
Preparations are under way at the sports complex for the Asian Games, which will kick off on Aug. 18.
Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) spokesman Danny Buldansyah said the area had been closed to ensure visitor safety.
“There is a lot of construction work going on ahead of the event. It’s hard for us to ensure visitors’ safety and convenience,” Danny said on Tuesday as quoted by tempo.co.
Another INASGOC spokesman, Ihsan Zuyadi, said completion of construction work could be compromised should visitors continue to be allowed at the complex.
Therefore, the area had been closed to the public, he said.
Meanwhile, the space besides the main stadium, including the parking lot, can still be accessed by visitors. (cal)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire