Indonesian sprinter Lalu Zohri wins gold at IAAF World U20 Championships
The Jakarta Post
In a surprise victory, Indonesian youngster Lalu Muhammad Zohri finished first in the men’s 100 meter dash at the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships in Finland on Wednesday.
On a mild, breezy evening in Tampere, Lalu unleashed a searing finish in the race, winning the gold medal with a time of 10.18 seconds, IAAF official website iaaf.org reported.
The 18-year-old bested runners-up Anthony Schwartz (10.22 seconds) and Eric Harrison (10.22) of the United States. South Africa’s Thembo Monareng finished fourth (10.23), while Britain’s Dominic Ashwell scored a personal best (10.25).
“I'm very happy with my personal best and national junior record," said Lalu, who hails from Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
“Now, I will prepare for the Asian Games next month. I'm so proud – this was an amazing experience and this is great for my career."
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world