Jokowi meets Singaporean deputy prime minister to discuss leaders' retreat
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo met Singaporean Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean in Jakarta on Thursday to discuss a meeting between leaders of the two countries to be held in Bali in October.
During the retreat, Jokowi would meet Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Oct. 11, one day before the International Monetary Fund-World Bank annual meeting, said Foreign Minister Retno Lestari Priansari Marsudi.
The IMF-World Bank meeting will also take place on the resort island.
"We hold the retreat every year to discuss updates of our bilateral relations, such as the investment agreement," she said after accompanying Jokowi to the meeting with Teo at the State Palace in Jakarta.
Apart from talking about the leaders’ retreat, Teo and Jokowi are also scheduled to discuss joint venture projects between the two countries, particularly with regard to progress on the Kendal Industrial Park in Central Java.
The project is implemented in cooperation between Indonesian private developer Jababeka and Singaporean Sembcorp. "There is significant development with the opening of a polytechnic for the furniture industry at the industrial complex. We also exchanged data on the number of companies that have commenced operations in Kendal," Retno said. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high