Commentary: Same old horses: How different will the 2019 race be?
Endy M. Bayuni
The Jakarta Post
It’s déjà vu. Next year’s presidential election is looking to be a repeat of the 2014 race with the same two “old” horses, and by most current predictions, we are nearly assured the same outcome.
The nation is again being asked to choose between Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Prabowo Subianto for the 2019-2024 president. You can hardly call it a democracy when the choices are limite...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free