Ads spending on TV reaches Rp 4.98t during 2018 Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
The successful implementation of the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang boosted television advertisement spending, which was recorded at Rp 4.98 trillion (US$333.77 million).
Advertisements broadcasted from Aug. 2 to Sept. 18 were distributed to 13 television stations, according to PT Sigi Kaca Pariwara in a press release received by The Jakarta Post on Monday.
“The revenue for two television stations owned by Surya Citra Media – SCTV and Indosiar – as the broadcast right holders of the 2018 Asian Games, reached Rp 1.29 trillion or 25.92 percent of total advertisement spending,” the press release says.
With Rp 818.87 billion in revenue, RCTI was the second beneficiary of television advertisements, it says.
Meanwhile, the food and beverage sector, which spent Rp 1.13 trillion or 22.67 percent of the total spending, was recorded as the sector with the highest expenditure. Bukalapak.com, spending Rp 77.11 billion, was recorded as the company that spent most.
The data collected by Adstensity was only based on advertisements broadcasted during commercial breaks on the sidelines of Asian Games event broadcasting, excluding advertisements broadcasted during special programs. (bbn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Indonesia launches 16th economic package
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw