Ads spending on TV reaches Rp 4.98t during 2018 Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
The successful implementation of the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang boosted television advertisement spending, which was recorded at Rp 4.98 trillion (US$333.77 million).
Advertisements broadcasted from Aug. 2 to Sept. 18 were distributed to 13 television stations, according to PT Sigi Kaca Pariwara in a press release received by The Jakarta Post on Monday.
“The revenue for two television stations owned by Surya Citra Media – SCTV and Indosiar – as the broadcast right holders of the 2018 Asian Games, reached Rp 1.29 trillion or 25.92 percent of total advertisement spending,” the press release says.
With Rp 818.87 billion in revenue, RCTI was the second beneficiary of television advertisements, it says.
Meanwhile, the food and beverage sector, which spent Rp 1.13 trillion or 22.67 percent of the total spending, was recorded as the sector with the highest expenditure. Bukalapak.com, spending Rp 77.11 billion, was recorded as the company that spent most.
The data collected by Adstensity was only based on advertisements broadcasted during commercial breaks on the sidelines of Asian Games event broadcasting, excluding advertisements broadcasted during special programs. (bbn)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world