South Jakarta to have 5 new RPTRAs
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Housing and Settlement agency plans to develop five integrated child-friendly public spaces (RPTRA) in South Jakarta this year.
They will be located in Kebayoran Lama, Jagakarsa and Cilandak.
“Five RPTRAs will be developed in five subdistricts, namely Grogol Utara, Lenteng Agung, Tanjung Barat, Cipedak and Lebak Bulus,” agency head Yaya Mulyarso said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The project is set to take up Rp 9 billion (US$ 606,172) of the city’s 2018 budget.
The agency is now tendering the project with the aim of kicking off development in the second week of October.
The RPTRA is a legacy of former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama. The administration of Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan earlier stated it would not build another RPTRA in the future, but a green open space named Taman Maju Bersama. (cal)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion