Indian travel agents, tour operators join famtrip to Joglosemar
The Jakarta Post
Fresh from holding a familiarization trip (famtrip) to Bali and West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) for European travel agents and tour operators, the Tourism Ministry initiated another famtrip for agents and operators from India to explore Joglosemar (Yogyakarta, Solo and Semarang).
The trip, which kicked off on June 15 until June 19, was joined by 15 participants. The first stop was Semarang in Central Java, which included a city tour to Lawang Sewu, the Sam Poo Kong Temple and exploring batik peranakan.
On the third day, the group visited the Borobudur Temple and shops along the famed Jl. Mailoboro in Yogyakarta. They later travelled to the temples of Prambanan, Sewu and Plaosan and Mount Merapi.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said the famtrip program was an effective way to introduce tourist destinations as participants could explore the highlighted places and then share their experiences with their customers.
“They can explore and come up with a promotions that fit the destinations. This is a pretty effective promotion and since they are tourism business practitioners, their output directly goes to Joglosemar tour packages,” said Arief. (kes)
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- Banyumas hospital severely damaged after quake
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president