Indian travel agents, tour operators join famtrip to Joglosemar
The Jakarta Post
Fresh from holding a familiarization trip (famtrip) to Bali and West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) for European travel agents and tour operators, the Tourism Ministry initiated another famtrip for agents and operators from India to explore Joglosemar (Yogyakarta, Solo and Semarang).
The trip, which kicked off on June 15 until June 19, was joined by 15 participants. The first stop was Semarang in Central Java, which included a city tour to Lawang Sewu, the Sam Poo Kong Temple and exploring batik peranakan.
On the third day, the group visited the Borobudur Temple and shops along the famed Jl. Mailoboro in Yogyakarta. They later travelled to the temples of Prambanan, Sewu and Plaosan and Mount Merapi.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said the famtrip program was an effective way to introduce tourist destinations as participants could explore the highlighted places and then share their experiences with their customers.
“They can explore and come up with a promotions that fit the destinations. This is a pretty effective promotion and since they are tourism business practitioners, their output directly goes to Joglosemar tour packages,” said Arief. (kes)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft