Indian travel agents, tour operators join famtrip to Joglosemar
The Jakarta Post
Fresh from holding a familiarization trip (famtrip) to Bali and West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) for European travel agents and tour operators, the Tourism Ministry initiated another famtrip for agents and operators from India to explore Joglosemar (Yogyakarta, Solo and Semarang).
The trip, which kicked off on June 15 until June 19, was joined by 15 participants. The first stop was Semarang in Central Java, which included a city tour to Lawang Sewu, the Sam Poo Kong Temple and exploring batik peranakan.
On the third day, the group visited the Borobudur Temple and shops along the famed Jl. Mailoboro in Yogyakarta. They later travelled to the temples of Prambanan, Sewu and Plaosan and Mount Merapi.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said the famtrip program was an effective way to introduce tourist destinations as participants could explore the highlighted places and then share their experiences with their customers.
“They can explore and come up with a promotions that fit the destinations. This is a pretty effective promotion and since they are tourism business practitioners, their output directly goes to Joglosemar tour packages,” said Arief. (kes)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash