UNWTO Award - Tourism Video Competition winners to be announced soon
The winners of the UNWTO Award - Tourism Video Competition is set to be announced during the 22nd General Assembly on Sept. 15 in China.
The competition's two winners will be chosen from the judging panel and online votes.
The video submission from Indonesia reportedly has received many support from home including President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo who posted it on his official Facebook account along with the caption: “‘The Journey to a Wonderful Indonesia’ tourism promotional video is included in the People’s Choice Awards category at the worldwide promotional video competition: UNWTO Award – Tourism Video Competition, competing with other 63 countries. Let’s take a part and support our tourism video by voting through this website www.indonesia.travel/
Two days after the post, the numbers went up from 147,000 to 198,000 votes.
The video was directed by Condro Wibowo and starred Widoka Sidmore and David John Scaap. It previously won the grand prix award at the XIII International Tourism Film Festival in Bulgaria.
As of Sept. 11 at 5 p.m., five hours before the closing time, Indonesia has so far won over Romania who had been a tough competitor, and this put the archipelago in the first place.
The video showcases several popular Indonesian destinations, such as Yogyakarta, Bali, Jakarta, Lombok, Toraja, Raja Ampat and Wakatobi, as well as cultural elements like batik-making process and Balinese dance. (kes)
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- North Korea says Trump has declared war on the country