The Jakarta Post
West Jakarta Mayor Anas Effendi has said 122 families made homeless by a fire in Taman Kota in North Kembangan will soon be relocated to Rawa Buaya low-cost apartments (rusun) in Cengkareng, despite the apartment management claiming to know nothing about the plan.
“Next month, 122 families who were the victims of the Taman Kota fire will be relocated to Rawa Buaya,” Anas said Monday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that the relocation could not be carried out in April because work on the rusun was still being completed.
Last month, a fire tore through around 3,000 square meters of Taman Kota leaving two people dead and 450 families homeless. The fire razed more than 500 houses.
Separately, Rawa Buaya apartment management unit head Sarjoko said he had not received any information about the planned relocation.
However, he said, two of the five towers of the apartment complex were ready to accommodate the affected families. (wnd)