The Jakarta Post
The National Transportation Safety Committee (KNKT) has formed a team to investigate the derailment of a train on a commuter line in Kebon Pedes, Bogor municipality, West Java on Sunday.
The committee's head, Soerjanto Tjahjono, said the investigation would take two months because they might need to conduct a detailed examination of the train.
"We will measure the wheels and rails. We will measure them as precisely as we can," Soerjanto said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
The train had been evacuated on Monday at 1:50 a.m. and parked at the Bogor Commuter Line Depot to be investigated and repaired, according to PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia (KCI) official Eva Chairunisa on Monday.
PT KAI operational region (DAOP) 1 and KCI would repair the railway infrastructure, such as the upper electricity network (LAA), the rail lines and an electricity pole affected by the incident.
Eva added that commuter line resumed operations at 5 a.m. on Monday using only one line.
“Given this situation, only half of the commuter line trains could depart from Bogor Station," Eva said.
Meanwhile, some of the other commuter trains that usually departed from Bogor Station would be diverted to Cilebut, Bojong Gede, Citayam and Depok stations.
“The Bogor route will be crowded and we urge commuters to adjust to the departure times,” she said.
The incident took place at about 10 a.m. on Sunday between the Cilebut and Bogor stations, where the train derailed near a railway crossing in Kebon Pedes after an electricity pole fell on it.
Train engineer Yakub suffered the most injuries out of all 19 victims, as he had lost consciousness in the accident, while the rest did not suffer serious injuries. KCI said it would cover treatment and insurance costs. (ggq)