EDITORIAL: New tobacco roadmap needed
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Finally President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has taken the right step by rejecting a proposal from lawmakers on the tobacco bill, after he was convinced that it would contravene laws, including the Health Law. The bill aims to protect the domestic industry and farmers, which tobacco control advocates say would be at the expense of public health. Last month opponents of the bill included chil...
You might also like :
- Not thieves, but wife, cleared funds out of customer account, says BRI
- Philippines tells UN it will quit ICC
- Indonesia wants Australia as full ASEAN member
- Will internet access in Bali be turned off at Nyepi?
- Lion Air, BRI promise affordable tickets to ‘New Balis’
- Katy Perry to bring 50 tons of cargo to Jakarta
- Stan Lee cancels appearance at ComicCon Asia 2018
- GBK stadium to go dark for Earth Hour
- Japan's isolated older 'hikikomori' shun society for years
- Cathay Pacific to fly nonstop from Hong Kong to Cape Town