Empowering women workers for a better ASEAN
Regional director of UN Women Asia and the Pacific
PREMIUM The 10 members of ASEAN form an economic powerhouse. The ASEAN Economic Community is now the world’s seventh-largest economy and third-largest labor force. But to maximize its enormous potential for further growth, the region needs to ensure that its labor force is diversified and ready to adapt, expand and move freely. Currently, the ASEAN region is a hotspot for labor migration. It h...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies