Islamic finance, a big chance to back SDGs
Deputy country director of UNDP
PREMIUM Last month marked a milestone in how Islamic finance can contribute to address inequality and eradicate poverty in Indonesia. When the National Alms Agency (BAZNAS) agreed to support the widening of electricity access to the poor in Jambi province in July, it marked the first official disbursement of the Islamic zakat fund to support the sustainable development goals (SDGs). The agreement sees ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China