Islamic finance, a big chance to back SDGs
Deputy country director of UNDP
PREMIUM Last month marked a milestone in how Islamic finance can contribute to address inequality and eradicate poverty in Indonesia. When the National Alms Agency (BAZNAS) agreed to support the widening of electricity access to the poor in Jambi province in July, it marked the first official disbursement of the Islamic zakat fund to support the sustainable development goals (SDGs). The agreement sees ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift