Islamic finance, a big chance to back SDGs
Deputy country director of UNDP
PREMIUM Last month marked a milestone in how Islamic finance can contribute to address inequality and eradicate poverty in Indonesia. When the National Alms Agency (BAZNAS) agreed to support the widening of electricity access to the poor in Jambi province in July, it marked the first official disbursement of the Islamic zakat fund to support the sustainable development goals (SDGs). The agreement sees ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Google looking to help news outlets win subscribers
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian