Jokowi between BRICS and a hard place
Pierre van der Eng
Associate professor at the Australian National University
PREMIUM This year, China holds the presidency of BRICS, the cooperation forum of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. China hosts the group’s annual summit Sept. 3-5 in Xiamen. One item on the agenda of the meeting is “BRICS-plus,” an expansion of the group. In March Chinese representatives mentioned 11 countries as possible new members. They also talked up the prospect of B...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay