Jokowi between BRICS and a hard place
Pierre van der Eng
Associate professor at the Australian National University
PREMIUM This year, China holds the presidency of BRICS, the cooperation forum of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. China hosts the group’s annual summit Sept. 3-5 in Xiamen. One item on the agenda of the meeting is “BRICS-plus,” an expansion of the group. In March Chinese representatives mentioned 11 countries as possible new members. They also talked up the prospect of B...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste