KPK can name Setya Novanto a suspect, again
Andreas Nathaniel Marbun
Researcher at the Indonesian Judicial Monitoring Society, Universitas Indonesia
PREMIUM The South Jakarta District Court revoked last week the decision of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) to name House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto a suspect in the e-ID card scandal, saying the antigraft body lacked sufficient evidence to prosecute the Golkar Party politician. After the sole judge hearing Setya’s pretrial petition, Cepi Iskandar, banged the gavel, the H...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?