KPK can name Setya Novanto a suspect, again
Andreas Nathaniel Marbun
Researcher at the Indonesian Judicial Monitoring Society, Universitas Indonesia
PREMIUM The South Jakarta District Court revoked last week the decision of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) to name House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto a suspect in the e-ID card scandal, saying the antigraft body lacked sufficient evidence to prosecute the Golkar Party politician. After the sole judge hearing Setya’s pretrial petition, Cepi Iskandar, banged the gavel, the H...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official