Withdrawing soldiers from rice fields urgent
Ihsannudin and Subejo
PREMIUM The Indonesia Military (TNI) has a new commander, with Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto replacing Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo, who is retiring soon. As the new chief of an institution with a strong, disciplinary approach toward the chain of command, it is not surprising that the public is curious about Hadi’s policies, including his policy on agricultural development. The military’s direct...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world