Blame game starts over misuse of law in Prita Mulyasari case
Andra Wisnu and Eny Wulandari
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Facing six years in prison and Rp 1 billion (US$99,000) in fines, Prita Mulyasari, a middle-income housewife, finds herself buoyed by massive public support, while her legal opponents find themselves struggling to explain why they had to punish her so severely. Questioned are being raised over whether the police and prosecutors were right to use the Information and Electronic Transaction ...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Bieber not welcome thanks to 'bad behavior': Beijing authorities
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages