Lawmakers promise to help protect churches
Bagus Budi Tama Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of Christians protested at the House of Representatives on Tuesday, demanding the government protect churches across the country from mob attacks and forced closure.
They told legislators the attacks and closures by local mobs, with tacit support from state officials, had been on the rise over the past few years.
Protestors said the harassment and attacks often involved hard...
- Hijab: A personal choice
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Following Trump's claims, alt-right editor to fund reporter to Sweden
- North Korean university seeks English teacher
- Twice tops charts with ‘Knock Knock’
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today