Lawmakers promise to help protect churches
Bagus Budi Tama Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of Christians protested at the House of Representatives on Tuesday, demanding the government protect churches across the country from mob attacks and forced closure.
They told legislators the attacks and closures by local mobs, with tacit support from state officials, had been on the rise over the past few years.
Protestors said the harassment and attacks often involved hard...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal