Lawmakers promise to help protect churches
Bagus Budi Tama Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of Christians protested at the House of Representatives on Tuesday, demanding the government protect churches across the country from mob attacks and forced closure.
They told legislators the attacks and closures by local mobs, with tacit support from state officials, had been on the rise over the past few years.
Protestors said the harassment and attacks often involved hard...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Government to slash subsidy for railway pioneer routes
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Govt to facilitate salt imports
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis