Lawmakers promise to help protect churches
Bagus Budi Tama Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of Christians protested at the House of Representatives on Tuesday, demanding the government protect churches across the country from mob attacks and forced closure.
They told legislators the attacks and closures by local mobs, with tacit support from state officials, had been on the rise over the past few years.
Protestors said the harassment and attacks often involved hard...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash