Fiddlers in the slum
The Jakarta Post
JP/Wendra AjistyatamaAs indicated by the constant presence of street singers on public transportation, or guitar-hero wannabes at intersections or in almost every kampung, learning to play guitar is easy.
Violin, on the other hand is a no-go zone not only because it is physically taxing, but also because it is financially prohibitive.But thanks to a growing local community of violin lovers...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest