Fiddlers in the slum
The Jakarta Post
JP/Wendra AjistyatamaAs indicated by the constant presence of street singers on public transportation, or guitar-hero wannabes at intersections or in almost every kampung, learning to play guitar is easy.
Violin, on the other hand is a no-go zone not only because it is physically taxing, but also because it is financially prohibitive.But thanks to a growing local community of violin lovers...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden