Fiddlers in the slum
The Jakarta Post
JP/Wendra AjistyatamaAs indicated by the constant presence of street singers on public transportation, or guitar-hero wannabes at intersections or in almost every kampung, learning to play guitar is easy.
Violin, on the other hand is a no-go zone not only because it is physically taxing, but also because it is financially prohibitive.But thanks to a growing local community of violin lovers...
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe