Fiddlers in the slum
The Jakarta Post
JP/Wendra AjistyatamaAs indicated by the constant presence of street singers on public transportation, or guitar-hero wannabes at intersections or in almost every kampung, learning to play guitar is easy.
Violin, on the other hand is a no-go zone not only because it is physically taxing, but also because it is financially prohibitive.But thanks to a growing local community of violin lovers...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani